Image by yanlulu355 via flickr
Are you looking to buy a prom dress and thinking about which design to go for? Are you looking to invest in an elegant gown that you plan to wear again, but don’t want it to look outdated? Here is a list of prom dress designs that will make a safe choice and will make you look timeless in your prom photos for years to come.
- Halter neck – The back-baring style offers the right amount of sexiness. This style has become popular for decades and was much loved by sexy stars like Marilyn Monroe and many other fashion icons. Pair it up with a low bun for a sleek glamourous look or wear your hair big and voluptuous for a sexy and flirtatious look.
- Strapless – This style instantly adds a feminine touch to your look. The exposed collarbone and the skin at the back will make you look elegant on your big day. Choose this style if you are confident with your arms. If you have thick shoulders, you might want to avoid this style.
Before the big day, don’t forget to pay extra attention on the skin around your chest, shoulders and back. Take good care of it with your favorite exfoliator and then follow with a generous amount of moisturizer for smooth and glowing skin. If you want, you could finish it off with some shimmery skin lotion or body oil for an even sexier look.
- LBD – This can’t be an article about classic dresses without adding the little black dress. If you are looking for wonderful prom dresses for 2016 and you want to stay in the safe zone, this would be the one for you. If the style icon Audrey Hepburn taught us anything, it is to just grab the little black dress and go. You can add pearls for a complete classic look or if you want to spice it up a little, try adding a statement necklace and you are good to go. This type of dress looks sophisticated when matched with classic pumps or peep toe heels. If you are tall enough, you might get away with simple ballerina flats too.
- A line – This is the easiest one to pull off. It will give an illusion of an hourglass figure that everyone loves. It’s a good pick for girls whether they short, tall, have big, or small hips. Just choose the length wisely and make sure it complements your height. If you are tall or you plan to wear high heels, calf length or full length will be a great choice.
- Bandage – This style is not for the faint hearted. If you are confident and proud of your body, pick this style. Like what they say, if you got it, flaunt it. If you want to wear a short bandage dress, make sure to pick a pair of fabulous prom shoes. Take your confidence and your irresistible curves with you and you’re ready to go.
For your upcoming prom, pick one of these dress styles and you won’t be disappointed. The important thing to keep in mind is dressing for your body shape. Pick the dress style you like and select the details that suit you best. And don’t forget to smile. A smile is never out of style. Have fun at prom!